Sunday, July 25, 2010

Oreo Fudge

I love fudge and I enjoy making fudge.  Up until tonight I had only really made chocolate fudge, which I have been making since my Mom has allowed me to help her in the kitchen. (Last year.  Heh, kidding.)  My brother came home from college and declared that we needed to make this oreo cookie fudge so we did tonight.

Ingredients:
1 package of Oreos

Save 1 cup crumbled oreos (for on top)
3 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter of margarine
2/3 cup (5 fluid ounce can) Nestle Carnation Evaporated milk
2 cups (12 ounce package) Nestle Toll House Premier Whit Morsels
1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme - Fluffernutter!
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine sugar, butter and evaporated milk in a saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil (while stirring) for at least 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in morsels, Fluffernutter, crushed oreos and vanilla extract. Pour into pan. Sprinkle the crushed oreos onto the top. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.

David putting the last bit of Oreos on the top of the fudge:

The finished fudge!

I would also like to point out that through this whole process my brother was singing Conan the Barbarian: The Musical.  Specifically the line about women lamenting or something like that.  It was pretty funny, hehe.

But I digress, back to the fudge.  Well, the preliminary taste test of it tells me it's going to be tasty.  ;-)  I'll actually know tomorrow though.  We're going to let it set overnight and we'll eat tomorrow.  I'll take pictures of it then.  :-D


~Mich

No comments: