Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fettuccine Land and Sea

Well, I suck so much at posting, that the posts I've written to get ahead went woefully unpublished.  That being said, here's another food post!

My cousin turned 21, so to celebrate we had dinner at Pisano's in Rutherford, NJ, the name of which I can't remember right now.  We like Italian food in my family and the food here is always delicious.

We started with a few appetizers; fried calamari, fried calamari in a ginger sauce, and Spiedini Ala Romana (fried mozzarella).  I doubt that these are the actual names of what we had, but it's descriptive enough for me!

The regular calamari was delicious, nice and salty and not too tough.  The calamari in the ginger sauce was also pretty good.  I'm a huge fan of regular, salty calamari, and this added a bit of sweet to it with the ginger sauce that it was tossed in.  Almost like a duck sauce actually, but way more tasty.  It was really good and a nice difference to the regular dish.

The Spiedini Ala Romana (fried mozzarella) is basically little triangles of mozzarella lightly battered and fried.  I would compare it to mozzarella sticks, but it's much tastier.  The batter isn't heavy or crunchy at all, and the cheese is melty, but is still able to maintain some of its shape after you cut it.  I could honestly just eat a few plates of that and be done with it, lol

I ended up ordering the "Fettuccine Mountain and Sea" for dinner.  It was fettuccine, with Wild and porcini mushrooms sautéed, with baby shrimps and spinach in a light cream sauce.  It was so good!  I'm not a huge fan of red sauces, so I do what I can to find good cream sauces when I'm out at Italian places, and this one was no exception!  Everything was delicious!  The mushrooms added a really awesome earthy flavor that was much more interesting than my usual order of fettuccine alfredo.


I ended up taking most of my dinner home with me because it was incredibly filling, especially after all the appetizers we ate.  Yummy lunch for me the next day!!

~Mich

No comments: