Aloha everyone! I just wanted to write a quick post about this delicious meal that I ate last night at Mr. Shrimp in Belmar, NJ. It was celery seed encrusted salmon over shrimp risotto covered in a beet and something else (I can't exactly remember what) cream sauce. I looked at the menu on their site for the full description, but sadly I wasn't able to find it because the dish was one of their specials for the day.
Oh man, was it delicious! My first bite of the salmon was a little odd. I honestly wasn't expecting to taste the celery so strongly, but it was definitely good. You were left with a very nice celery aftertaste with each bite. The sauce over top of it was also very tasty. I'm a huge fan of cream sauces and whatever pureed vegetable they used (in addition to the beat puree) worked really well with the salmon and the risotto. The risotto was nice and creamy and the shrimp mixed in there was like a little surprise. The meal was a lot larger than I expected. By the time I had finished the salmon I was pretty full. Mom had to help me finish the risotto!
Here's a picture of the dish. Sorry it's a little bit blurry. The next time I eat something delicious I'll be sure to take a better picture!
~Mich
4 comments:
LOL! Nice, professional looking blog!!! Also, that meal was serious from Mr. Shrimp! Looks awesome! I've never had celery seed anything, but it sounds really good. This is pretty kewl Shell, will check back often!
:-)
-Sam
Thanks!!
Risotto, as yummy as it is, scares me to attempt to make for myself. Maybe it isn't as bad as it should be, but I'm new at cooking, so it's a heady concept. Still, this dish looks yummy enough that I would be tempted to try it. Unless I could find a restaurant nearby that served it...
I have yet to even attempt to make risotto myself. I've heard it's really difficult to make, but, it's just so tasty that one of these days I might go for it as long as I have the right recipe! Hell, even if it turns out horribly I'll at least have something entertaining to write about. I just need to remember to take pictures, lol
I wasn't expecting the risotto in this dish to be as good as it was, I mean, it's a fish restaurant, not an Italian restaurant. It definitely threw me off a little.
Post a Comment